I love my coffee and have it daily. Well, except when I take a week off of caffeine before a race. That is a tough time (but I’ve found it’s worth it for the caffeine boost on race day). Here are the two ways I love to have my coffee.
Everyday morning coffee
- 1 cup of coffee (I love fresh ground on the weekend but can’t do it at 4:30 a.m. before work)
- Coffee syrup of your choice
- ½ cup frothed milk of your choice (I’ve found cow and cashew milk both froth great)
Warm up your mug before pouring coffee into it by filling it with water and microwaving for three minutes (or pouring boiling water into it). This warms up the entire mug and keeps your coffee warm for longer. After dumping out water, add coffee syrup and coffee, followed by frothed milk.
Best enjoyed cuddled with your dog on the couch, watching some television before you need to get ready for work. Perfect year-round, from the depths of winter to summer’s heat.
Post-workout cold brew with protein
- 1 cup cold brew coffee (make at home, I use a ratio of 1 cup ground to 4 cups water and let sit overnight)
- Protein powder of your choice
- Ice (if you want to blend it into a smoothie)
Mix cold brew and protein powder together, blending with ice if you choose. This is best enjoyed after a super sweaty workout when you are drained and need an extra caffeine boost.
Let me know in the comments how (and where) you enjoy coffee!